We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 21 September 2015

#148 Make It Sparkle

Before we get down to this fortnight's challenge I am delighted to introduce the new members of the DT to you.

 Ina
My name Is Ina. I live in Sunny Queensland Australia. I am married and have 2 grown daughters and 4 grandchildren. For a lot of my married life I was involved with breeding and showing Quarter Horses.

I have been crafting for a several years now and and have made many new friends in Blog Land.

I am retired and love to spend time in my 'play station'. I also love scrapbooking and gardening. I enjoy the challenges our craft gives us and trying out new techniques.

I'm not talented in the colouring field so you won't see too much of that from me but love stamping using my embossing folders and dies and don't mind getting inky fingers.

I am excited to be chosen as a Designer for Crafty Cardmakers as each challenge is something different, and I'm looking forward to new challenges, meeting new friends and some scrapbooking along the way.
 
Jenn
Hi there! My name is Jenn and I am a lover of all forms of Art! I reside in Oregon with my fiancée and my daughter and grandson. I have loved creating things for most of my life and while studying Business took most of my elective courses at college in Art! I not only love paper crafts such as card making and scrapbooking, but also enjoy altering thrift store and garage sale finds, jewelry making, doodle art and my newest found passion is mixed media! I love all of the layers and products available to create beautiful things even from junk! I am honored and excited to be a part of a Design Team that has become an inspirational place for me in my creations!
 
Maike
Hello everyone, my name is Maike and I have been in love with pretty papers and pictures as long as I can remember. I have taken on scrapbooking as a hobby a couple of years ago and started card making shortly after.  I have started my blog at the beginning of 2015. Happy crafting :-)
Hello,my name is Nessa and I just love to craft!My style is mostly clean and simple,but I do like to get messy too!I use lots of different techniques in my cardmaking and crafty creations including stamping,inking,paper piecing,watercolouring and die cutting.
I was thrilled to be chosen as a Design Team member for Crafty Cardmakers And More,it is a lovely challenge and I like that it welcomes crafters of all abilities to join in and have fun!
I look forward to working with the talented Design Team and I look forward to popping over to your Blogs to see what crafty creations you are working on :)
Happy Crafting!
Nessa xxx
 I have had the opportunity to enjoy many roles in my life; Wife, Mother and Grammy.  I work PT at a great company and also love to golf, hike and spend time with family.
Crafting has always been a part of my life.  From sock puppets, knitting and weaving pot holders as a child to One Stroke Painting, Crochet, Scherenschnitte, Tole Painting, Mixed Media and more as an adult.  I have been making cards for the past four years.  I started with Crayola colored pencils and a few digital images to see if I would like it.  Well, yes I did!  I mostly use Copics now, but I am looking forward to trying my hand at watercolor.  The possibilities are endless! 

I am very excited and grateful to be a part of the Crafty Cardmakers and more DT.
 
I am sure you will enjoy the new members of the team's projects and it would be great if you could pop by their blogs and show them some love.

So down to the challenge for the next two weeks.

Sally is hosting today and wants to see you 'Make It Sparkle' so any form of sparkle is allowed, glitter, gems, pearls, shimmer sprays etc.

Some inspiration from the team
Sally
For my card I decided to start making my Christmas cards for this year. The image I have used is a digi from The Paper Shelter and has been coloured with Spectrum Noir Pencils and lots of texture paste and glitter to make the snow.

Vania


For this challenge I coloured this cute image and added  gems in grey colour :)

For this challenge, I've used an image from Floppy Latte who sells via Stitchy Bear. The 'sparkle' comes from having coloured using my long-neglected Twinkling H2Os. I used the same paints to colour the various parts of the flowers and leaves so I'd be sure of  colour match!

My card for this challenge was made for a wedding.  I was asked for silver and diamonds, and it was made with a silver embossed background and diecuts cut from pearlescent card.  The sparkle comes from the gems I used to decorate the lattice heart...

Ina
For my first challenge as a new Designer here I decided to get out an old Cuttlebug die and glitter paper -perfect for getting another Christmas card made and in my favourite Christmas colours. 
 
This is my first challenge on the Design team-I used up lots of scraps of pink patterned paper to make my Butterflies and added some sparkle with ultra fine glitter and some sparkly gems. 
 
What a fun challenge! Sparkle just makes life better, doesn't it?
I have used an adorable LOTV stamp, Dainty Dancing.  For "sparkle" Stickles were added to her tutu and the embossed flowers.  Also, a brush of Wink of Stella for the stars.  I am very excited to be a new DT member and look forward to seeing your beautiful creations for this and future challenges. 
 
I have used a Penny Black Stamp Called Winter Fairy
coloured her with Promarkers, and used lots of loose glitter and Stickles Star Dust

I'm definitely not a glitter girl, but you have to have a bit of sparkle at Christmas don't you? I made a set of Christmas cards with an embossed and glittered background forgetting how hard it is to photograph the acetate greeting panel across the centre of them.
They really do sparkle honest lol.

I have used some gorgeous gold cord (much sparkly in real life) and some rhinestones to add some sparkle to a Christmas card using Kaisercraft Yuletide range. 
 
My sparkle card is my first Christmas Card for 2015, and has an image from Wee Stamps called Silver Fairy and Trimcraft's First Edition Silent Night papers. Please see my blog for more details.

For my card, I have used clear texture paste through a stencil, covered with black glitter. I have also used glitter card, and a background created using Pebeo Dyna Paints.

My card is one of the designs I've been playing with for this years Christmas cards - while I make special cards that I will give out, I like to make some that are simpler and less bulky to go through the post, and this is one of the results - the swirl is from a set I bought many years ago and this has been used to create a bauble with a die cut panel under which I have rubbed some distress inks.  The stamp and greeting have been embossed with silver embossing powder, and accented with crystals (neither of which are playing ball when I took the photo!).  A simple black organza bow finishes the card off.

Mary
I used a decoupage sheet from La Pashe's Nice and Easel set and added Stickles and loose glitter to the edges and loose glitter to the bird's plumage.

I have used Meerkat Madness for the girls
The sparkle is the gems.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely welcome-really glad to be part of the team :)
    Fun challenge today-looking forward to seeing eveyones Sparkly creations!
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creations from the DT!!
    Love, love, love!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops how rude of me..
      I forgot to say a HUGE warm welcome to the new DT! Smiles.
      Looking forward to seeing your lovely creations.xx

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the new DT! Congratulations on joining this beautiful team... I look forward to seeing all of your creations! Gorgeous work by everyone this week, filled with sweetness and sparkle galore! Thank you for the inspiration and wonderful challenge. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.